Buildings – Laxey Refreshments Kiosk (1920s-2004)

The second refreshment building opened at Laxey in the late 1920s, acting as a replacement for the previous refreshment rooms destroyed by fire in 1917. The building, although built in the same site as the larger refreshment rooms, provided no internal seating and acting purely as a kiosk.

The kiosk was closed at the end of the 1998 season, with a temporary burger bar put in place until Laxey Booking office was converted into a cafe in 2000. The kiosk was demolished in December 2004.

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Laxey

Comments are closed.