The refreshment building at Laxey was built in 1899 as part of the development of Laxey as a fully fledged interchange between the Manx Electric Railway and the Snaefell Mountain Railway. The 140ft by 40ft building included extensive dining space and a small bar area, and had a thatched roof until the mid-1900s when it was replaced with corrugated iron. The refreshment rooms were a main attraction in the Laxey area until 1918, when the building burnt down on the 24th September. It was not replaced, however a smaller refreshment stall occupied the site between the early 1930s and 2004.
Buildings – Laxey Refreshment Rooms (1899-1918)