Buildings – Laxey Goods Shed (1903)

The building was built in 1903, and was used up until 1966 for the carriage of goods. During the 1957/58 Nationalisation of the M.E.R , the exterior’s paintwork was changed from silver/red windows and doors to green/red windows and doors.

From 2004/5 until 2013 it was used for the storage of the Overhead Line Departments Tower Wagon No.1 and Tower Van No.12 – and in 2014 became the base for volunteer work undertaken on Vans No.16 and No.11 by the Laxey and Lonan Heritage Trust.

Laxey Goods Shed on the 30th of July 2011, with Tower Wagon No.1 stabled outside. © David Martin

Click below for further photos of this location:railwaygallery

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Laxey

< Back to Features – Freight

Comments are closed.