Buildings – Laxey Kiosks (1899-2014)

Constructed as a group of three in 1899 (two enclosed, and one as a circular bench), the Laxey Kiosks were originally fitted with thatched roofs (removed in the 1930s) and were used by local businesses during the summer months. The bench example was removed by the 1930s.

The other two kiosks were removed in 2014 to a site next to the Laxey Cattle Dock when the station ‘regeneration’ project was started, however both were later replaced by replica examples.

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Laxey

Comments are closed.