Buildings – Dhoon Quarry Sawmill and Sleeper Depot (1899-1973)

Constructed out of wood and corrugated iron, it was used until the 1950s to cut timber from the M.E.R owned glens for internal fencing, buildings and sleepers. The depot was demolished during 1973, and the ex-M.E.R Car SEHC 25hp Traction Motor used to power it was salvaged for further use.

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Dhoon Quarry

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: