Buildings – Derby Castle No.6 Car Shed (1924)

The No.6 Car Shed was built in Winter 1923/24 between the Goods and No.1 Car Sheds, and was used to house items in storage, in particular Locomotive No.23 during the 1940s and early 1950s.

In 1988, the entrance doors and interior track were removed along with the left hand exterior track, and the building was converted to the Joiners Shop. The surviving right hand exterior track and point outside the shed were removed during the Derby Castle Car Shed rebuild scheme in 1997/98.

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Derby Castle Car Sheds

Advertisements

Comments are closed.