Buildings – Derby Castle No.1 Car Shed (1893)

Derby Castle’s No.1 Car Shed was built in 1893, designed to hold 3 Cars and 6 Trailers. The building has three roads, designated Hospital (left hand) Middle and Stores (right hand).

In the early 1900s a further stores area was added to the right hand of the building. On top of the building is the works mascot ‘Tommy Milner’ – superstition states that disaster may befell the M.E.R if he is ever removed from his perch!

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Derby Castle Car Sheds

< Back to Features – Passenger

Comments are closed.