Derby Castle Bonner Siding

Derby Castle Bonner Siding and it’s relevant equipment was built in 1899. After the abandonment of Bonner Wagon operation in the early 1900s, the siding was extended and used for storage of rolling stock. It was removed during 1988.

Derby Castle Bonner Siding in 1899, with a 14-18 series Car having shunted the Wagon onto the Road/Rail changing equipment. © MER

Derby Castle Bonner Siding in 1949, with Van No.13 and three Open Wagons present. © Travel Lens Photographic

Derby Castle Bonner Siding in 1981, with Aachen 1010 stored alongside, and Van No.14 to the right. © Alan Spencer Collection

< Back to Features – Freight

Comments are closed.