November 1st 2014
Update 23.10.14 – A ‘Last Chance for Ramsey’ mini-track tour for November 2nd has been confirmed (operationally permitting). Upon arrival of the 16:10 Derby Castle-Ramsey service car at 17:25, it will then be used for a last run over the station trackwork and car shed before it’s removal as part of the Winter 2014/15 Ramsey relay.
Update 13.10.14 – Please note due to a proposed line closure for track renewal of the seaside line between Onchan Head and Groudle Glen, the planned parallel run of Cars 5 and 7 to Groudle will now be turned back at Onchan Head.
Introducing the 2014 instalment of the Winter Photography Event – Tunnel Vision!
We will be undertaking a range of activities throughout the day to celebrate 120 years in service of the ‘Tunnels’, Cars 5, 6 7 and 9.
The itinerary for the tour (conducted by manxelectricrailway.co.uk volunteer stewards) will sequentially include throughout the day:
- Starting at 09:00, the day will begin with a parallel run of both Cars 5 and 7 from Derby Castle to Onchan Head and return, then…
- Recreation of a long forgotten practice on the Manx Electric – the use of a Tunnel Car as an Enclosed Winter Trailer (as operated from 1900-1904) with Car No.5 towing Car No.7 from Derby Castle to Dhoon Quarry and return, then…
- A staged photoshoot of Car No.5, 6 7 and 9 on the Derby Castle Car Shed fan, with the accompaniment of suitable rolling stock and cameos, then…
- The heaviest Winter passenger train that once ran on the Manx Electric – Car No.6 hauling the heavy Winter Trailer No.58 and Van No.4 to Laxey and return, then..
- The ‘Illuminated’ Car No.9 working with the ‘Royal Saloon’, Trailer No.59, with Car 9 lit up for photography to Laxey and return.
The tour will also include numerous stops at scenic photographic locations!
Meet at Derby Castle – 08:45
Tour Start – Derby Castle – 09:00 prompt
Tour End: Derby Castle – 17:45
Fares and How to Book:
£20.00 per person (joining at Derby Castle)
Tickets are also available via phone on 01624 614687, or directly from Derby Castle Booking Office.
All the above events are subject to operational constraints. Not suitable for under 16s. Please dress warmly and wear suitable attire.