The following is a schedule of events for the 2011 Isle of Man 50 Group events period from the 23rd to the 27th July 2011
Full details of IoM 50 Group events are once again available from the IoM 50 Group website.
The dates for the 2011 events are 23 July 2011 to 27 July 2011. The updated programme of events is as follows:
- Saturday: Buses Day and Group Welcome – We will be hiring preserved IOM Road services Leyland PD2 for the day. The day will start off by following the Onchan Circular bus route then to the Sound for lunch before continuing on to Peel for a visit to the Transport Museum or a stroll around town. On to Ramsey for a brief break before returning to Douglas by the No.3 route to Halfway House and then via Groudle and the promenades. This will be followed in the evening by the ‘welcome to the group’, which will include a buffet and slide show.
- Sunday: IoMR Workshops, Douglas Bay Horse Tramway and Visit to Private Garden Railway– In the morning there will be an option for a limited number of groups of eight to visit the Steam Railway workshops, alternatively join the group on the Horse Tramway for the morning. In the afternoon there will be a visit to the Crogga garden railway with the option of travelling by minibus from Douglas or via the late morning steam railway departure to Port Soderick and then minibus to Crogga. Meet for dinner in a Douglas Hotel followed by one of the group’s famous ‘pub’ walks!
- Monday: Steam Railway Day – Our private train will be attached to the first passenger service as far as Port Soderick. The rest of the day will then hopefully be spent with Loch hauling our train with the usual opportunities for run pasts and photographs. Lunch at Castletown. There is a chance that Loch will not be available in which case 10, 12 or 13 will haul the train.
- Tuesday: Manx Electric Railway Day – All day photo stop tram, which this year will be No. 7 and trailer 48 in IOMT&EPCo livery (if not available 6 and 58 have been requested). Features include a planned non-stop run to Ramsey, single motor Ramsey to Lewaigue and return to Ramsey, then back to Douglas with numerous photo stops along the way!
- Wednesday: Train and Tram Chasing Bus – Join us on Protours coach 47 for a morning chasing trains on the IMR. After lunch we head north with the options of either a visit to Bishopscourt, the former Bishops residence or Sulby Glen Railway Station. Then chase trams on the MER to Laxey before a private visit to the Laxey Mines Railway. Coach will then drop off along the promenade in Douglas.
The cost per person for 2011 is £125. Unfortuantely it is not possible for us to provide an option whereby you can pick and choose which events you would like to take part in for a reduced cost. You are quite welcome to not attend all the events (if some of them don’t interest you), however the cost remains the same. For any queries relating to bookings, please email email@example.com
Unfortunately we are limited to a maximum number of 50 people, so please book early to avoid disappointment. We look forward to hearing from you.
All events are subject to change or cancellation. No refunds can be made except in the circumstance of the whole programme of events being cancelled.