Car Sheds – Ballure Car Shed (1898-1900s)

Built in 1898, Ballure Car Shed was a two road building, constructed for the opening of the line. After the further extension of the line to Ramsey, the Car Shed was used as a store, with two of the three Bonner Road Rail Wagons left to the rear. The building was demolished in the mid-1900s.

The only known image of the Ballure Car Shed – taken from a postcard in the early 1900s. Sadly the rest is below the edge of the photo! © Website Collection

< Back to Passenger

Comments are closed.