Viaducts – Laxey (Glen Roy) Viaduct (1898-Current)

Constructed in 4 months from March 1898 by local contractor Mark Carine, the Laxey (Glen Roy) Viaduct is a 240ft four-arched viaduct, built for the extension from the 1896 Laxey Terminus to Ballure. A fifth span on the Ramsey-end of the Viaduct provides a bridge over Church Hill/ Glen Road.

Laxey Viaduct in September 2010, viewed from New Road Bridge. © David Martin

Click below for further photos of this location:railwaygallery

< Back to Infrastructure

Comments are closed.